Drain Cleaning in San Dimas, Covina, Glendora, CA and Surrounding Areas
Unclog Your Drains With Alpine Plumbing & Rooter
Our kitchens and bathrooms are the most-used rooms within our homes. These parts of the house are vital for performing multiple functions of our lives. Our kitchen lets us cook healthy and delicious meals, store necessary household goods, wash any and every tool, and even serves as a gathering hub for visiting friends and family. Our bathroom lets us get rid of the waste and grime of everyday life, along with some quiet and well-deserved privacy that we all need from time to time.
Call us today at (888) 241-4755 for immediate support about any underlying draining issues in your home
The Most Common Causes of a Clogged Drain
The best way to keep your drains clear is to know what not to put down them. While it’s best to keep everything other than water, toilet paper, and human waste from going down them, some substances are more dangerous and harmful than others. The top causes of clogged drains include:
- Hair: Although hair is small it has a big impact on drains. Hair slowly grabs onto other hair, soap, and other substances causing pipes to slowly form a blockage.
- Soap: Traditional bars of soap are made using grease and fats, which will combine with minerals in water to create what’s known as soap scum.
- Dirt: While sinks and showers are needed to clean dirt and grime from your body, the dirt can often get caught and clog up a drain.
- Food waste: Food waste should never, ever go down the drain, even when you have a garbage disposal. The biggest culprits are coffee grounds, tea leaves, spaghetti, rice, and foods with a lot of grease.
- Mineral buildup: Over time water affects metal cast iron pipes differently from others. This causes a rust-like buildup in the pipe causing the smooth flow to be disrupted and waste to pool in areas causing clogs.
- Small/foreign objects: It’s easy for small objects to fall down the drain and cause pipe blockages. Common culprits are razor heads, toothpaste caps, and even small children’s toys.
- Toilet paper buildup: Flushing too much toilet paper at once can overwhelm your toilet, causing the wad to get stuck in your plumbing. Toilet paper can also get stuck in roots if they have entered the system, or even snack on rough cast iron pipes.
- Tree roots: Tree roots are great at finding water, even the smallest crack will have roots entering the pipe and doing damage. They will offset, crack, constrict, and even collapse pipes once they start to grow.
Within these most-used rooms, the objects which also gain the most use are our drains. Whether we are washing the dishes, doing the laundry, brushing the teeth, or simply enjoying some “me-time” and contemplation through a long hot shower or soaking in the tub, we need a constant, reliable source of running water. Due to their constant use, however, our hardworking drains often become overloaded with substances that do not flow so easily, from hair to coffee grounds. Without reliable drain cleaning services in San Dimas, your pipes are likely to become restricted and clogged, which can lead to clogs and backups that can be a pain to deal with and even messy. There is never a good time to have a backup. Trust in Alpine Plumbing & Rooter to clean your pipes thoroughly so you can fully relax in your home, free of any drain worries.
Kitchen & Laundry Clogs
Kitchen drain clogs are the most common types of clogs in your household because they are used so regularly, and it is so easy for debris and waste to accidentally fall into them. While garbage disposals can definitely help with this issue, when used correctly, many people unknowingly dump quantities of food that are too large for disposals to handle. As a result, extra waste ends up going down the drain. Many homeowners also throw away coffee grounds, meat drippings, shells, seeds, oils, tiny bits of bone, cores, and burned debris that are difficult to break down. These all contribute to an overworked draining system that is bound to get clogged.
Another typical type of clog we encounter is the laundry clog, which results from a continual accumulation of soap buildup, as well as lint, hair, and soil from dirty clothes. When this occurs, you can expect to see full-on floods, simply because your hardworking laundry machine can only handle so much. Immediate, professional aid is needed to take care of these clogs and prevent floods that would ruin your floors, electronic appliances, furnishings and decor, and anything else unlucky to be nearby.
5 Benefits of Cleaning Your Drain Pipes Annually
You use the drainage system in your house every single day. From taking a shower to washing your dishes, it’s easy to forget that under your property is an entire system of pipes and drains that are susceptible to obstructions and blockages. Without proper cleaning at least once a year, small blockages can add up to become major problems. Annual drain cleaning will benefit your plumbing – and your life – in many ways. Here are our top 5:
- Rid Your Home of Unpleasant Smells: Have you ever noticed a nasty smell lingering in your house? Even after opening all the windows and turning fans on, the smell still hovers around the home. Unfortunately, this might be a sign that your sewer line is blocked up, or food waste is not able to move away from the home, or even that your smaller drains have heavy buildup inside of them. To make sure that rotting food and other waste is never sitting in your drains for too long, consider contacting a La Verne drain cleaning service that can help you to quickly and thoroughly clears out those pesky odors leaving your house smell back to normal again.
- Prevent Future Blockages: The best way to prevent big blockages from happening is by having regular drain maintenance performed. By hiring a professional drain cleaning service every year, you dramatically reduce the risk of a major obstruction from occurring. Left too long, and you could face buildups and blockages that result in sewage and water backing up into your home. That’s a situation that can cost serious cash, and a lot of headaches.
- You’ll End Up Saving Money: This is probably the biggest benefit for most people: you’ll end up saving a lot of money by spending a small amount every year on drain cleaning. You might consider this maintenance unnecessary now, but major blockages can result in serious and very expensive damage to your home and its sewer line system. Not only will you save money, but you will also save time because there won’t be any need for lengthy repairs or renovations.
- Being Aware of the State of Your Drains: If you hire a professional drain cleaning service, you can also ask the plumber to inspect your drains, with our free camera inspections at the time of service it doesn’t cost you any more to see what lays beneath your home. With professional-grade equipment, they will be able to warn you of any damage to your drains, potential leaks, or obstructions. With this information, you can make fully informed decisions about how to maintain or improve the condition of your drain system, or even completely eliminate the issue from happening in the future..
- Reduce Mold and Bacteria: It’s probably no surprise that drains can be a playground for bacteria and mold growth. When your drains have clogs, this allows water and waste to linger in one place, allowing for the quick development of bacteria and dangerous molds. The best and easiest way to prevent the health risks associated with the bacteria and mold caused by clogged plumbing is to have your drains cleaned regularly. This will send those harmful clogs away from the home, and ensure a clean and sanitary environment.
Certified Integrity & Expert Service
It should be very clear that any drain cleaning in San Dimas must be taken care of by professionals. Every one of our technicians at Alpine Plumbing & Rooter is completely certified in training, and comes fully licensed.