San Dimas Drain Cleaning
La Verne's #1 Plumbing Company
Our kitchens and bathrooms are the most-used rooms within our homes. These parts of the house are vital for performing multiple functions of our lives. Our kitchen lets us cook healthy and delicious meals, store necessary household goods, wash any and every tool, and even serves as a gathering hub for visiting friends and family. Our bathroom lets us get rid of the waste and grime of everyday life, along with some quiet and well-deserved privacy that we all need from time to time.
The Most Common Causes of a Clogged Drain
The best way to keep your drains clear is to know what not to put down them. While it's best to keep everything other than water, toilet paper, and human waste from going down them, some substances are more dangerous and harmful than others. The top causes of clogged drains include:
- Hair: Hair rarely clogs a drain on its own, but it tends to stick to pipes, and will in turn catch and hold grease, soap residue, and other sticky substances to form a blockage.
- Soap: Traditional bars of soap are made using grease and fats, which will combine with minerals in water to crease what's known as soap scum.
- Dirt: While sinks and showers are needed to clean dirt and grime from your body, the dirt can often get caught and clog up a drain.
- Food waste: Food waste should never, ever go down the drain, even when you have a garbage disposal. The biggest culprits are coffee grounds, tea leaves, and foods with a lot of grease.
- Mineral buildup: Hard water leaves behind mineral buildup in your pipes. The longer you leave this problem, the larger and more damaging the clogs will become.
- Small objects: It's easy for small objects to get lost down the drain, but even the smallest thing can get caught and in turn, catch more materials and continue to build.
- Toilet paper buildup: Flushing too much toilet paper at once can overwhelm your toilet, causing the wad to get stuck in your plumbing.
- Tree roots: Even a tiny crack in your underground pipes can lead to a tree root getting inside and growing to the point where your pipes burst.
Within these most-used rooms, the objects which also gain the most use are our drains. Whether we are washing the dishes, doing the laundry, brushing the teeth, or simply enjoying some “me-time” and contemplation through a long hot shower or soak in the tub, we need a constant, reliable source of running water. Due to their constant use, however, our hardworking drains often become overloaded with substances that do not flow so easily, from hair to coffee grounds. Without reliable drain cleaning services in San Dimas, your pipes are likely to get dirty and clogged, which can lead to massive leaks and even flooding. Trust in Alpine Plumbing & Rooter to clean your pipes thoroughly so you can fully relax in your home, free of any drain worries.
Call us today at (626) 507-6892 for immediate support about any underlying draining issues in your home.
Kitchen & Laundry Clogs
Kitchen drain clogs are the most common types of clogs in your household because they are used so regularly, and it is so easy for debris and waste to accidentally fall into them. While garbage disposals can definitely help with this issue, when used correctly, many people unknowingly dump quantities of food that are too large for disposals to handle. As a result, extra waste ends up going down the drain. Many homeowners also throw away coffee grounds, meat drippings, shells, seeds, oils, tiny bits of bone, cores, and burned debris that are difficult to break down. These all contribute to an overworked draining system that is bound to get clogged.
Another typical type of clog we encounter is the laundry clog, which results from a continual accumulation of soap buildup, as well as lint, hair, and soil from dirty clothes. When this occurs, you can expect to see full-on floods, simply because your hardworking laundry machine can only handle so much. Immediate, professional aid is needed to take care of these clogs and prevent floods that would ruin your floors, electronic appliances, furnishings and decor, and anything else unlucky to be nearby.
There are many reasons the drains in your bathroom, attached to your sink, shower, and toilet, could become stopped. Depending on the problem, our professionals will utilize different approaches to unblock your pipes.
Typical bathroom stoppage troubles include:
Accumulation of hair and soap scum – Although a single hair on its own would travel smoothly down the drain, this is not the case when many strands of hair combine together. Particularly when mixed with bathroom products and the remnants of soap, this becomes a tangled mess. A constant flush of dead cells, oils, and wax makes the clog even worse, so only a trained professional could effectively remove the entire mass for good.
Broken or cracked pipes – Sometimes a pipe breaks, cracks, or receives a hole which causes it to leak badly. If this happens, mineral deposits from a corroded pipe, as well as fragments deep within the pipe itself, can then lead to blockages. Tree roots are also known for burying into broken pipes, making an already bad situation even worse, unless you have expert help.
It should be very clear that any drain cleaning in San Dimas must be taken care of by professionals. Every one of our technicians at Alpine Plumbing & Rooter is completely certified in training, and comes fully licensed.