Shower Valve Replacement & Repair in San Dimas
Shower Services in La Verne
Is your shower acting up? Is your morning shower less energizing than it is frustrating? Don’t put up with a broken shower any longer. The experts at Alpine Plumbing & Rooter have years of experience repairing and replacing the components that make your shower work.
How To Determine If Your Shower Valve Is Bad
If your shower valve is broken or failing, you might be experiencing one or all of the following symptoms:
- When you use the handle to turn the shower on, it grinds
- The shower doesn’t turn on at all
- The water trickles and does not come out
- It doesn’t mix hot and cold water together correctly
- No hot water
What Is A Shower Valve?
When you hear people speak of a leaky or broken shower valve, you might not understand what they are talking about. Any of the following components can be (and often are) referred to as shower valves:
- Pressure Balancing Valve: This is the most common type of failed valve in the shower. The valve maintains steady water temperature by ensuring that the ratio of hot water and cold water remains constant. The valve uses a piston or diaphragm with ball-bearings that responds to changes in the pressure of hot and cold water. Even when pressure fluctuates, the valve will restrict the flow of water as needed to prevent sudden bursts of hot or cold water in the shower. If you’ve experienced a sudden rush of ice-cold or boiling hot water in the shower when someone flushes the toilet, the pressure balancing valve is almost definitely the cause.
- Thermostatic Valve: This valve controls the water flow to a preset temperature. It allows you to turn the shower on and wait for the water to reach your desired temperature without messing with the taps.
- Diverter Valve/Transfer Valve: These valves change the flow of your water. With a diverter, you can divert water into one direction, running water from either the showerhead or the bath faucet, for example. A transfer valve allows you to run water from multiple outlets at once. These valves are commonly used for things like hand-held shower sprayers.
Call the plumbers at Alpine Plumbing & Rooter at (626) 349-6631 today for a free inspection and estimate. We’ll be able to detect, analyze, and repair or replace your shower valve so you can enjoy better pressure, less leaking, and accurate temperature control for a no-hassle shower.
We’ll come direct to you and provide an on site estimate or consultation for your next plumbing project. There’s no pressure, and no obligation.
With Alpine Plumbing you pay no additional charges for appointments on weekends. Just one more reason why we’re industry leaders.
Our plumbing team is promptly ready and fully equipped for repairs of all sizes and expertise.
Signs You Need to Repair Your Shower Valve
- Leaking: You should replace your shower valve anytime it isn’t functioning properly. Leaky shower valves are one of the biggest causes of water leaking behind the wall where you can’t see, and can do a lot of damage to your bathroom walls, flooring, and more.
- Slow to React: Did your shower used to be great, but now the water temperature changes each time a toilet is flushed somewhere in the house? As we already mentioned, you’ll most likely need to replace your shower valve.
- Time for Upgrades: Newer options have preset and controlled temperature settings that will save you time because you won’t have to fiddle around with the shower handle(s) to find the perfect temperature before entering your shower. Having a preset shower temperature can be a small but welcome luxury that can also be beneficial for both children and the elderly.
Expert Shower Valve Replacement & Repair
Our team of experienced plumbers provide all types of shower valve repair and replacement services for residential and commercial properties. We make sure your property is protected from water damages caused by faulty or improperly installed shower valves, and we do it with prompt and friendly service. Don’t let leaks destroy your bathroom walls or worse.
This was probably the most efficient experience we've had with ANY type of service we've had to call over to our home. From scheduling to our actual appointment was less than 24 hours.- Jason M.
Matthew was very helpful and did not try to sell us anything that we didn't need.- Kelly L.
Michael performed routine maintenance on my water heater and discovered it had been improperly installed. He was able to correct most of the problem in just a few minutes.- Luis T.
Vincent and his coworker were informative and professional!- Maria P.
The easiest plumbing repair call I have ever had!- Andrew K.
We had another plumber’s quote for the same job and they were almost a thousand higher than Alpine. Really glad we went with Alpine!- Yiwen C.
Alpine called me right back after requesting a quote on Yelp. They came out to see the problem within a couple of hours.- Colleen L.
Tyler was very punctual and was very knowledgeable.- Steve L.