Slab Leak Detection & Repair in San Dimas, CA
Preventing Damage to Your Property
A slab leak is a plumbing leak in the water supply pipes running below your concrete slab. This is the area that supports the rest of the structure. Slab leaks can be difficult to detect and repair because of the concrete and other materials in the way. If you are experiencing a leak in your plumbing and aren’t sure where the leak is located, give us a call for slab leak detection and repair in San Dimas, CA.
Alpine Plumbing & Rooter is committed to providing you with the fast and effective leak detection services you need. Call (626) 349-6631 or fill out our online contact form today!
How Is a Slab Leak Detected?
A slab leak is a water leak that occurs underneath the concrete slab foundation of a building. Detecting a slab leak can be challenging because it's not visible, but there are several signs and methods to identify one:
- Water Bills: A sudden increase in your water bill without a corresponding increase in water usage can indicate a leak, possibly under the slab.
- Water Meter: Turn off all water sources in your home and check your water meter. If the meter continues to run, it could indicate a leak.
- Visual Signs: Look for cracks in your walls or flooring, especially if they appear suddenly. Also, keep an eye out for moisture or mold growth on floors or walls.
- Warm Spots: If the leak involves hot water, you may notice warm spots on the floor.
- Sound: Listen for the sound of running water when no fixtures are in use.
- Pressure Test: A plumber can perform a pressure test to check for leaks in the plumbing system. This involves pressurizing the system and monitoring for any pressure drop, indicating a leak.
- Infrared Technology: Some plumbers use infrared cameras to detect temperature changes in the flooring, which can indicate the presence of a leak.
- Electronic Leak Detection: Specialized equipment can be used to listen for the sound of water escaping through the pipes under the slab.
Once a slab leak is detected, it's important to address it promptly to prevent further damage to the foundation and surrounding structures.
How Do Slab Leaks Occur?
Plumbing leaks can occur for a number of reasons. An old pipe may have developed a crack, or some type of wear and tear may have occurred. Other causes may include an improper installation or a shifting foundation. Regardless of the cause, a slab leak will cause the same type of damage to your property as a standard water leak. The water can seep into the concrete and cause it to weaken. It can also drive mold and mildew growth as well as cause the flooring to warp and crack.
Common signs of a slab leak include:
- Water stains on the flooring or walls
- Mold and mildew growth
- Cracks in the flooring or walls
- Damp or musty smells
- The feeling of the floor being spongy or soft
- A sudden increase in your water bill
We’ll come direct to you and provide an on site estimate or consultation for your next plumbing project. There’s no pressure, and no obligation.
With Alpine Plumbing you pay no additional charges for appointments on weekends. Just one more reason why we’re industry leaders.
Our plumbing team is promptly ready and fully equipped for repairs of all sizes and expertise.
Our Slab Leak Detection & Repair Process
When you contact us for slab leak detection and repair in San Dimas, CA, we will start by performing an inspection of your plumbing. We will locate the leak and determine what caused it. We may need to excavate part of the slab to access the plumbing and repair the leak. We will then replace the damaged pipes and seal the slab to prevent future leaks.
We will work with you throughout the entire process to ensure that the repairs are done correctly and that you are completely satisfied with our work. We also offer financing options to make the repair process more affordable.
Experiencing a problem as severe as a leak in one of your home’s most vital systems can be troubling, but Alpine Plumbing & Rooter is here to help. Call us at (626) 349-6631 today to schedule your free estimate.
This was probably the most efficient experience we've had with ANY type of service we've had to call over to our home. From scheduling to our actual appointment was less than 24 hours.- Jason M.
Matthew was very helpful and did not try to sell us anything that we didn't need.- Kelly L.
Michael performed routine maintenance on my water heater and discovered it had been improperly installed. He was able to correct most of the problem in just a few minutes.- Luis T.
Vincent and his coworker were informative and professional!- Maria P.
The easiest plumbing repair call I have ever had!- Andrew K.
We had another plumber’s quote for the same job and they were almost a thousand higher than Alpine. Really glad we went with Alpine!- Yiwen C.
Alpine called me right back after requesting a quote on Yelp. They came out to see the problem within a couple of hours.- Colleen L.
Tyler was very punctual and was very knowledgeable.- Steve L.